While the entire nation is swept up with washing their hands in the wake of the Covid-19, we thought we’d do our part and list the top songs to sing while washing your hands. As the CDC has reported, you’ll want to make sure to wash your hands for twenty seconds to make sure you get a good thorough clean. Before we get to the music, we’ll put the most important list first: how to wash your hands effectively.
From the CDC: How to Wash Your Hands Thoroughly
- Wet your hands with clean water. It does not matter if the water is warm on cold. But keep the water running. Then turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Do this to the back of both hands. Make sure to get between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Sing the “Macarena” (ok, they use the Birthday song as an example) from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Now the fun part:
5 Best Songs To Sing While Washing Your Hands
- Macarena: Ok we admit we’re a little biased. But what song was more catchy and more viral than the 1995 hit song that inspired the world to join in? Alright, let’s move on.
- Truth Hurts by Lizzo: After an unprecedented run to the top of the charts,where (like the macarena) the song would stay for a prolonged period, Truth Hurts remains one of the more memorable viral sensations of the last decade.
- The Birthday Song: A little boring, perhaps a little cliche, but at least it’s something that people will know and be able to recite while staring at themselves in the mirror in the pursuit of hygiene.
- Landslide by Fleetwood Mac: is there a more iconic 20 second stanza in all of music? Just sing the following while washing your hands: Well, I’ve been ‘fraid of changin’‘Cause I’ve built my life around you But time makes you bolderEven children get older And I’m gettin’ older, tooI’m gettin’ older, too
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow: Apologies for getting sentimental here but we’ll add this one to complete this list on a somewhat somber note. Yes, times may be bad right now but one thing we can be confident of is that we will make it through this. In the meantime, let’s look to the great, beautiful days ahead:
Somewhere over the rainbow
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can’t I?
Well, I see trees of green and red roses too
I’ll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world